Feb. 06, 2017
HARRISBURG – Fire and emergency response organizations in the 171st Legislative District have been awarded $174,770.39 in state grant funding, Rep. Kerry Benninghoff (R-Centre/Mifflin) announced today.
“Those dedicating their time to these organizations make it their selfless mission to protect and serve the rest of us,” Benninghoff said. “I am grateful for their bravery, sacrifice and willingness to serve their communities in this way, and congratulate them on these awards.
“Important to note, none of the funding used to support this important grant program comes from our tax dollars.”
The funding comes from an ongoing grant program created by the Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and Office of the State Fire Commissioner. All funding comes from the proceeds from slot machine gaming, and not General Fund tax revenue.
Every emergency service organization that completes the application process receives funding. Projects eligible for funding include: construction or renovation of a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair of equipment, training or reduction of existing debt.
Following is a list of fire and emergency response organizations located in the 171st Legislative District, by county, and the amount of their grant awards:
• Alpha Fire Company: $15,000
• Bellefonte Emergency Medical Services: $7,448.21
• Boalsburg Fire Company: $15,000
• Logan Fire Company No. 1: $15,000
• Millheim Fire Company No. 1: $12,098
• Pleasant Gap Fire Company No. 1: $15,000
• Pleasant Gap Fire Company No. 1 Emergency Medical Services: $7,448.21
• Undine Fire Company No. 2: $13,902.60
• Walker Township Volunteer Fire Company: $14,417.24
• Belleville Fire Company: $12,358.68
• Decatur Volunteer Fire Company No. 1: $12,101.36
• Milroy Hose Company 1: $14,159.92
• Milroy Hose Company 1 Emergency Medical Services: $7,448.21
• Reedsville Volunteer Fire Company: $13,387.96
Representative Kerry Benninghoff
171st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Morgan Wagner