HARRISBURG – Fire and emergency response organizations serving the 171st Legislative District have been awarded $185,881.62 in state grant funding, Rep. Kerry Benninghoff (R-Centre/Mifflin) announced today.
“The members of these organizations serve and protect the rest of us, often risking their own lives to do so,” Benninghoff said. “I am grateful for their steadfast, 24-hour commitment to our community, and congratulate them on these awards.”
The grant program was created by the Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and Office of the State Fire Commissioner. All grant funding comes from the proceeds from slot machine gaming. No tax dollars are used to support the program.
Following is a list of fire and emergency response organizations located in the 171st Legislative District, by county, and the amount of their grant awards:
• Alpha Fire Company: $14,811.36.
• Bellefonte Emergency Medical Services: $7,155.22.
• Boalsburg Fire Company: $14,316.57.
• Centre Hall Volunteer Fire Company: $12,007.52.
• Centre LifeLink EMS Inc.: $7,155.22.
• Gregg Township Volunteer Fire Company No.1: $11,677.66.
• Logan Fire Company No. 1: $14,316.57.
• Penns Valley Emergency Medical Services Inc.: $7,155.22.
• Pleasant Gap Fire Company No. 1: $13,986.70.
• Pleasant Gap Fire Company No. 1 Emergency Medical Services: $7,155.22.
• Undine Fire Company No. 2: $13,326.97.
• Walker Township Volunteer Fire Company: $13,162.04.
• Belleville Fire Company: $12,667.25.
• Big Valley Ambulance Club Inc.: $7,155.22.
• Decatur Volunteer Fire Company No. 1: $11,677.66.
• Milroy Hose Company 1: $11,000.
• Milroy Hose Company 1 Emergency Medical Services: $7,155.22.
Projects eligible for funding include construction or renovation of a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair of equipment, training, or reduction of existing debt.
Representative Kerry Benninghoff
171st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Morgan Wagner